Updating the exterior of your home can have a major impact on your quality of life and the value of your home. Along with painting or installing new siding on your home’s exterior, doing a bit of landscaping and masonry work can take the look and function of your outdoor spaces to a whole new level. The best part is that while some of this work really does require the skill of a professional, many weekend warriors can achieve quality workmanship themselves. There are many small changes that can make a big difference. For five ideas of how to improve your home, keep reading.
1) Step It Up Most homes have at least one set of steps on the exterior. Most are masonry steps, i.e. made of any combination of bricks, stones, and concrete, and are a major feature in the front of your house. Masonry steps can be installed by one of the 140,000 skilled workers specializing in the installation of bricks and concrete. If the design is simple enough or you have a bit of experience, they can also be installed by yourself. Just remember that masonry steps, just like all steps, must be safe and if you have doubts about your skills, it is best to just find a mason.
2) Concrete Castle Concrete is one of the most versatile materials to use in your outdoor space. In addition to using it for masonry steps, you can also use it for driveways or other paved features. It also is a great long term investment. If you have an asphalt driveway that is around 20 years old, it will likely need to be completely replaced. A concrete driveway, however, can last you closer to 25 with fewer upkeep requirements. You will do a lot of living on your concrete, so make sure that you invest in quality materials.
3) Grow a Green Thumb Adding a little bit of greenery to your home’s exterior can completely change the look. Just updating masonry and more flowers can take your home from looking a bit worn down to looking new, vibrant, and full of life and movement.
4) Good Fences Make Good Neighbors Investing in a good fence can do wonders for how often you use your outdoor spaces. About 80-90% of new fences are stockade or privacy fences, which allow you, your family, and your pets to enjoy your privacy and create a getaway that will not be interrupted by your neighbor’s BBQ.
5) Get Some Curb Appeal Curb appeal matters! A survey by the National Association of Realtors found that 71% of home buyers care about the curb appeal of a home when they look at it. Updating the exterior of your home will help to poise you to have the best chance of selling your home for the price you want when you are ready to move.
This picture is actually one that Curb Appeal Concrete Landscaping Borders did just a few days ago. This application keeps your sidewalks free and clear of mulch that spills out on your sidewalk during heavy rains.
If you are interested in Concrete Landscaping Borders, and you live in the Central Florida area, please give us a call today for your FREE estimate! We’d love to help you design your plans.